AppSuite:OX Sync App
API status: In Development
OX Sync App (soon to be released)
OX Sync App is a native mobile phone app built specifically for smartphone users of Android, that also have a valid OX App Suite account. The app is designed to let users sync their OX App Suite Appointments, Tasks and Contacts environment directly from a native mobile phone client. On the base of the implementation as sync adapter, it integrates seamlessly with the default Android calendar- and contacts apps.
The OX Sync App has been designed specifically for ease-of-use and is available for Android only.
Please Note: With this app Open-Xchange has also created a new branding concept for the customers and partners. More information can be found in the chapter [ Branding/Customization Concept for Partners and Customers]
Synchronization of Appointments and Tasks
- Supports all Android versions since Android 2.2
- Sync-Support of OX Task with the native task app
- Sync-Support of OX Calendar with the native appointment app
- Synchronization of OX Calendar Colors
- Synchronize of all private, shared and public OX Calendar folder
- Full support of recurring appointments, tasks and exceptions
- Support of Time Zones which also be used in OX App Suite
Synchronization of Contacts
- Synchronization of Name, Title and Position
- Synchronization of Website, Instant Messengers and contact information
Pricing & Availability
This OX Sync App is available for Android and can be downloaded for free from the corresponding App Store. Availability will be confirmed by Open-Xchange via the usual communication channels.
Please note: The exact date when the clients become available depends on the approval process of the respective app store.
Please contact your Open-Xchange account manager for further information and pricing details.
The requirements are listed at OX Sync App and Platform Requirements.
Installation of the Clients
The OX Sync App is available via the App Store of Android:
Note: OX Sync App was designed to work on Smartphones. In some rare cases devices with very large screens (greater than 5.6") might be recognized as tablets by the Play Store. In this case, OX Sync App will not show up and can not be installed on your device.
Integrated Branding/Customization Concept for Partners and Customers
With OX Mail it is also possible for customers and partners to add branding elements to the app. During the installation of the app a user is presented with a list of preconfigured providers. When a provider is selected the app is automatically setup and branded for that provider.
For both design reasons, as well as app store restrictions, branding in this context means:
- The app design is “Super Flat”. This means there are not many elements that can be, or need to be, styled in order to match a particular brand.
- The app does not contain or use any logos of any sort.
- At install time the app uses a startup wizard in combination with a hosted configuration service. The wizard gives the end user the option to select a provider from a list. When this is done the app will retrieve the branding information from the configuration service and changes its theme accordingly.
Branding / Customization Process
In order to participate you will need to provide specific information such as:
- Confirmation that you are running OX App Suite 7.8.2 including the latest patch.
- A full URL where your OX App Suite service can be reached by a web client.
- Two test accounts on your OX App Suite service, where we can verify that the OX App Suite system works as expected.
- A “logo” and “name” of your service. This information will be used in the app itself.
- Optional: A preferred color (CI color) that Open-Xchange will use for the app if a user chooses their service from the provider list.
- Please download the Questionnaire from [? Open-Xchange Download Server]
- Please fill out the Questionnaire and send it to your Open-Xchange account manager.
- Open-Xchange will check the data. If all information are available, Open-Xchange will add your personal brand to the live OX Mail app. Please Note: The exact date when your brand becomes available depends on the approval process and could take 5 to 10 days. Open-Xchange won't communicate an exact date. Please check by your self.