PA OXaaS APSv2 User Guide
- 1 User Guide for the OX as a Service APSv2 package into Odin Service Automation
- 1.1 Terms and Abbreviations
- 1.2 Customer Control Panel
- 1.2.1 User’s Tab
- 1.2.2 OX Service Tab
- 184.108.40.206 Users
- 220.127.116.11 Groups
- 18.104.22.168 Resources
- 22.214.171.124 Domains
User Guide for the OX as a Service APSv2 package into Odin Service Automation
This APS 2.0 package is only for the Open-Xchange own OXaaS platform or similar respective compatible deployments or copies of this platform. The package is designed for syndication and on-premise customers with Odin Service Automation 6.0.4 and higher.
This guide describes the integration for the OX as a Service APSv2 package into Odin Service Automation. This guide describes all the tasks administrators can carry out from the Customer Control Panel.
This guide is intended for administrators who intend to manage the services provided by Open-Xchange.
Terms and Abbreviations
Below is the list of concepts and abbreviations you will find in this page.
|API||Application Programming Interface|
|APS||Application Packaging Standard, an open standard that was designed to simplify the delivery of SaaS applications in the cloud-computing industry.|
|CCP||Customer Control Panel|
|OSA||Odin Service Automation, which includes both POA and PBA.|
|OBA||Odin Business Automation.|
|POA||Parallels Operations Automation.|
|SaaS||Software as a Service.|
Customer Control Panel
In the Customer Control Panel (CCP) you can manage all the Open-Xchange settings.
From this tab you can add, manage and delete service users registered within the current subscription.
- To add a user click on Add New Service User.
- Fill in all the fields and click on Next.
- User photo: you can upload a photo to add to your profile.
- Display name: enter the display name you wish to have.
- Login: choose a login name and select your domain from the dropdown list.
- Password: choose your password. (You may also click Generate Password to create one automatically and you will see it under the Password field).
- Confirm password: reenter your password.
- Tick the Open-Xchange service checkbox.
- A summary of the user information will appear. Click Finish for confirmation.
- You can then see that the status of the user will be
OX Service Tab
From the Open-Xchange tab you can purchase requests and manage users, groups, resources, domains and purchase requests.
On this tab you can add new users, manage profiles and edit, enable and disable them.
You may also wish to see the Classic view by clicking and selecting “Classic list”:
. From here you will be able to see the same information and perform the same actions that are allowed in the Active view mode.
Add New User
To add a new user:
- Click Add New User.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Click Next.
- The status will appear as . If an error occurs during creation, the status will be .
To manage profiles, follow these steps:
- Select the user whose profile you want to manage and then click Manage Profiles.
- Select the new profile you want to assign to a user from the drop-down list.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Select the user whose profile you want to edit and then click Edit.
- Enter the alias and select the appropriate domain from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
To populate the service user information to Open-Xchange:
- Select the user whose profile you want to enable and then click Enable OX App Suite2.
- Enter the email and choose the domain, then select the profile you want to assign to the user. You can also add one or more aliases to the user by clicking on Additional Settings.
- Click Next to save the changes. The user’s status will now be Enabled.
To delete an Open-Xchange user:
- Select the user whose profile you want to disable by ticking the appropriate box, then click Disable.
- A message will ask you to confirm that you want to disable the user. Click Accept for confirmation.
Add new group
To add a new group:
- Click on the Add new group button.
- Enter a name for the group.
- Select the users that you want to add to the group and click to add them. Then click Save.
- You will then see the group you have created and the users that belong to it.
You can also edit the name of the group or add/remove members. To do that, click on the group’s name. You will then see the group’s details and you can edit its name and add or remove users by selecting them and clicking or accordingly.
On this tab you can add, delete and edit any resources you may need.
To add a resource:
- Click on Add new resource.
- Enter the resource’s details:
- Resource name: name that you want to call the resource.
- Resource manager: select the person that will manage the resource from the drop-down list.
- Display name: resource name that will be displayed.
- Description: description of the resource. This field is not mandatory.
- Resource email: enter the email and choose the domain from the drop-down list.
- Click Save resource.
You can also edit resources to change their details. In order to do so, click on the resource’s display name. All the details will be shown so that you can change any information. Click Save resource to save the details.
On this tab you can add and delete domains and subdomains.
To add a domain:
- Click on Add domain.
- Select the catch all address from the dropdown list to avoid losing email due to misspellings.
- Click Save.
- Click on Add subdomain.
- Enter the following details:
- Click Save.
The purchase requests tab shows all purchases that users have requested. These are made from the OX App Suite application as an upgrade request. After that, they will be listed on this tab and from here the customer will be able to proceed with the profile upgrade or cancel it using the “Proceed” or “Reject” buttons, accordingly.