OX6:Open-Xchange 620 622 Update Guide for Debian 6.0
Update of Open-Xchange Server v6.20 to v6.22 on Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
This article will guide you through the update of an existing Open-Xchange Server 6 installation to the newest major release, v6.22.
Supported update path
Please note that the update to v6.22 is only supported from an installed version 6.20.7 or later. If you have an earlier version of Open-Xchange Server 6 installed, please update to the latest release of v6.20 before attempting an update to v6.22.
The latest v6.20 release will remain accessible on our servers. If you need to access the repository after the release of v6.22, please use the following lines in your
apt repository configuration to access v6.20 packages:
deb http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.20/DebianSqueeze/ / # if you have a valid maintenance subscription, please uncomment the # following and add the ldb account data to the url so that the most recent # packages get installed # deb http://LDBACCOUNT:LDBPASSWORD@software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.20/updates/DebianSqueeze /
- 6.20.7 or later. this update guide is valid for a system installed through [INSTALLGUIDE]
- if you have custom packages done by Open-Xchange, please discuss with your Open-Xchange contact when these packages are available for 6.22. Do not attempt the update earlier
- If you have built custom packages yourself which install config files in the OX config tree, please check the page PACKAGING CHANGES [TODO]
- if you have custom plugins written by yourself which depend on OX OSGI bundles, check THIS PAGE [TODO] for changes you might need to do.
- Custom packages built for 6.20.7 or earlier might not work with 6.22.
Update Open-Xchange Repositories
Add the following repositories to your
apt configuration to access the v6.22 packages:
deb http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.22/frontend/DebianSqueeze/ / deb http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.22/backend/DebianSqueeze/ / # if you have a valid maintenance subscription, please uncomment the # following and add the ldb account data to the url so that the most recent # packages get installed # deb http://LDBACCOUNT:LDBPASSWORD@software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.22/updates/frontend/DebianSqueeze / # deb http://LDBACCOUNT:LDBPASSWORD@software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.22/updates/backend/DebianSqueeze /
Please note that frontend and backend packages are now provided from two different repositories. Depending on your setup and the packages installed on the system it may be that you only need one of these repositories. All packages providing
open-xchange-admin functionality are included in the
Updating repositories and update packages
Reload the package index. This will download the package descriptions available at the software repositories and will enable the Open-Xchange repository as a valid source for signed packages:
$ apt-get update
The following command starts the download and update process of all installed packages:
$ apt-get dist-upgrade
Install desired languages
- it is now possible to uninstall german and french, as these languages have been split into separate packages. If you want to offer german and/or french to your customers as language option, you need to install the packages after the update.
- chkonfig / insserv
- use the new startup script
- it will stop the 2 former processes -groupware and -admin
- check that there's really only one process left
Possibly necessary clean-up
- leftover files