Revision as of 13:16, 4 August 2009 by Holgi (Created page with '== Introduction == The document describes a way how mailboxes can be migrated from MS Exchange to a cyrus IMAP server using imapsync without the need to know the users passwords...')
The document describes a way how mailboxes can be migrated from MS Exchange to a cyrus IMAP server using imapsync without the need to know the users passwords
- admin account for cyrus
- the admin accounts for cyrus are defined in the parameter "admins:" in the configuration file "/etc/imapd.conf". It must be possible to log in as such user. In this examples, the admin user name is "cyrus" and it's password "secret".
- Microsoft Exchange 2003
- others might work, too. 2003 was the version this howto was written with.
- postmaster account for MS Exchange
- the needed exchange account need to have the rights to access all mailboxes on the Exchange server. In the examples the user name is "migration" with password "mpass". The user can be created following these steps:
- create a new "DWORD" in "HKEY_Current_User\Software\ Microsoft\Exchange\ExAdmin" with the name "ShowSecurityPage" and set this to "1".
- open the Active Directory User and Computer console and create a new user with the name "migration", password "mpass" and a exchange account
- reopen the Exchange System Manger and give that new user full access to the entire mail organization (right click on the most upper entry naming your organization -> properties -> security -> add)