Open-Xchange Contacts synchronization with CardDAV
This site describes how the Open-Xchange server can be accessed via its CardDAV interface after the server has been configured as described in Caldav_carddav_Bundles. Depending on the used client software, different steps are necessary. Other clients may be configured similarly, but are not officially supported.
Mac OS X Contacts
For the Contacts application on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and above, a CardDAV account can be configured as follows:
Available since Open-Xchange Server v6.22
The iOS Contacts application on the iPhone, iPod or iPad can be configured as follows.
Please consider the following known limitations for the CardDAV interface:
- Generally, only those contact properties that are also available on the Open-Xchange server are recognized and transferred into attributes of OX contacts
- Starting with v7.8.0, the original vCard is also preserved, so that other extended or not mapped properties are still available there (see AppSuite:VCardMapping for details)
- Importing or exporting file attachments (property "ATTACH") is not supported via the CardDAV interface.
- Due to various different handlings of representing distribution list members in vCards, distribution lists are excluded from syncrhonization via CardDAV.
Unsupported Special Chars
- The special char "/" in contact names is not supported. It will lead to an "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" error in webdav.