AppSuite:OX Sync App
OX Sync App
OX Sync App is a native mobile phone app built specifically for smartphone users of Android, that also have a valid OX App Suite account. The app is designed to let users sync their OX App Suite Appointments, Tasks and Contacts environment directly from a native mobile phone client. On the base of the implementation as sync adapter, it integrates seamlessly with the default Android calendar- and contacts apps.
The OX Sync App has been designed specifically for ease-of-use and is available for Android only.
Please Note: For end users to use this app, in conjunction with your implementation of OX App Suite, your company must appear on the app’s “Provider List”. For more information about this, and custom branding opportunities, please refer to chapter [Branding/Customization Concept for Partners and Customers].
Synchronization of Appointments and Tasks
- Supports all Android versions since Android 4.0
- Sync-Support of OX Task with the native task app
- Sync-Support of OX Calendar with the native appointment app
- Synchronization of OX Calendar Colors
- Synchronize of all private, shared and public OX Calendar folder
- Full support of recurring appointments, tasks and exceptions
- Support of Time Zones which also be used in OX App Suite
Synchronization of Contacts
- Synchronization of Name, Title and Position
- Synchronization of Website, Instant Messengers and contact information
Pricing & Availability
This OX Sync App is available for Android and can be downloaded for free from the corresponding App Store. Availability will be confirmed by Open-Xchange via the usual communication channels.
Please note: The exact date when the clients become available depends on the approval process of the respective app store.
Please contact your Open-Xchange account manager for further information and pricing details.
The requirements are listed at OX Sync App and Platform Requirements.
Installation of the Clients
The OX Sync App is available via the App Store of Android:
Note: OX Sync App was designed to work on Smartphones. In some rare cases devices with very large screens (greater than 5.6") might be recognized as tablets by the Play Store. In this case, OX Sync App will not show up and can not be installed on your device.
Integrated Branding/Customization Concept for Partners and Customers
With OX Sync App it is also possible for customers and partners to add branding elements to the app. During the installation of the app a user is presented with a list of preconfigured providers. When a provider is selected the app is automatically setup and branded for that provider.
Branding / Customization Process
In order to participate you will need to provide specific information such as:
- Confirmation that you are running OX App Suite 7.8.2 including the latest patch.
- A full URL where your OX App Suite service can be reached by a web client.
- Two test accounts on your OX App Suite service, where we can verify that the OX App Suite system works as expected.
- A “logo” and “name” of your service. This information will be used in the app itself.
- The General Design of OX Sync for Android is based on Google’s material design principles (https://material.google.com/). Not more than three colors are used. For the OX branded version we have chosen the following colors:
- Primary color: OX blue
- Secondary color: OX medium blue
- Accent color: OX mandarin
To discuss the requirements, three colors and next steps with your Open-Xchange account manager.