Difference between revisions of "AppSuite:Main Page AppSuite"
Revision as of 12:46, 21 November 2012
OX App Suite
Quick Installation Guide
To download and install the software, please use the following Installation Guides:
- Download and Installation Guide for Debian GNU/Linux 9.0 (Stretch)
- Download and Installation Guide for Debian GNU/Linux 10.0 (Buster)
- Download and Installation Guide for RedHat Enterprise Linux 7
- Download and Installation Guide for CentOS 7
- Download and Installation Guide for Amazon Linux 2
- Download and Installation Guide for Univention Corporate Server
- Download and Installation Guide for OX App Suite Appliance Demo
Installing the latest Updates for OX App Suite
To get the latest features and bugfixes for OX App Suite, you need to have a valid license. The following article explains how that can be done:
OX App Suite deployment tutorials
A complete guide of necessary tasks with a hardware and setup recommendation for different Open-Xchange Hosting environments:
- OX App Suite deployment tutorial for up to 10.000 Users
- OX App Suite deployment tutorial for up to 100.000 Users
- OX App Suite deployment tutorial for up to 1.000.000 Users
Reporting Tool (Mandatory for Maintenance)
To receive maintenance in the future, the installation of the Open-Xchange Reporting Tool is mandatory. It documents the current state of your system installation. Furthermore, the tool runs a validity check for your current maintenance. Based on the reported detail information Open-Xchange will then be able to improve its own support and maintenance offerings for you. This article explains how that can be done:
Open-Xchange Additional Software
OX Documents are browser based, cloud ready, text, spreadsheet and presentation products that can work with Microsoft Office and OpenOffice documents in a lossless way. And you can also collaborate with other people to edit shared documents on various devices.
OX Guard is a fully integrated security add-on to OX App Suite that provides end users with a flexible email and file encryption solution. OX Guard is a highly scalable, multi server, feature rich solution that is so simple-to-use that end users will actually use it.
The OX Drive client lets you store and share your photos, files, documents and videos, anytime, anywhere. Access any file you save to OX Drive from all your computers, iPhone, iPad or from within OX App Suite itself.
OX Mail App
The OX Mail is a companion app for OX App Suite, and brings the power of OX App Suite web-based email to your customers' mobile devices. The OX Mail is a native app designed specifically for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
Connector for Business Mobility (ActiveSync)
Connector for Business Mobility enables you to securely manage emails, contacts, calendar and tasks on a mobile device. It is based on Microsoft Exchange Active Sync (EAS) standard (valid Open-Xchange license required).
Open-Xchange Contact Synchronization with CardDAV
The Mac OS X and iOS integration makes Open-Xchange contacts available to end users through their native applications.
Open-Xchange Calendar synchronization with CalDAV
The Mac OS X, iOS and Thunderbird Lightning integration makes Open-Xchange appointments available to end users through their native applications.
OX Sync App
OX Sync App is a native mobile phone app built specifically for smartphone users of Android, that also have a valid OX App Suite account. The app is designed to let users sync their OX App Suite Appointments, Tasks and Contacts environment directly from a native mobile phone client.
OX Protect lets you create a safe and secure online experience for your subscribers. It protects traditional digital equipment as well as IoT devices against malware, phishing and other harmful online content. At the same time, it gives users easy to configure, flexible control over which sites each family member can visit and allows users to restrict access to certain content at different times, like off-time or bedtime.
Grow your business by maintaining meaningful conversations with your customers using the best available tools.
OX Upsell provides in-app upselling within OX App Suite through configurable triggers. A variety of pre-defined trigger areas are available in all applications and many features. Using the OX Upsell triggers helps you increase awareness of up-sellable and cross-sellable products.
OX Display combines an OX App Suite UI framework with a server-based configuration to display pre-defined ad formats in specified prime locations within OX App Suite. It turns OX App Suite into a publishing channel for in-house and third-party display advertising and allows the easy integration of ad tags from different ad partners.
OX Abuse Shield
OX Abuse Shield is included along with Dovecot Pro, but works with both Dovecot Pro and OX App Suite as a component to protect against login/authentication abuse. OX Abuse Shield runs on a cluster of servers, and integrates with both OX App Suite and Dovecot to detect abuse, brute force attacks and also to enforce common authentication/authorization policies across the platform.
Open-Xchange Additional Tools and Configurations
Automated Deployment with Chef
For an automated deployment of our software have a look at our
Open-Xchange Document Viewer
The OX Document Viewer will choose the best preview format depending on the users device on the OX App Suite Web Interface (valid Open-Xchange license required).
Open-Xchange Image Converter
OX App Suite displays images in many different ways. OX Image Converter provides an alternative to process images by the OX Middleware. The image delivery can be delegated to an extra service, the OX Image Converter.
OX Presenter allows for local and remote presentations of presentation documents (valid Open-Xchange license required).
Multiple Open-Xchange servers can form a cluster with inter-OX-communication over a network.
HTTP based Connector via Grizzly
OX App Suite offers a second HTTP based connector for the communication between the HTTP server and the backend. This new connector is based on Oracle's Project Grizzly - a NIO and Web framework.
- Installation and Administration Guide
- Provisioning of users and groups
- User Guide
- Quick Guide
OXtender for Business Mobility
- OXtender for Business Mobility User Guide
OXtender 2 for MS Outlook
- OXtender for MS Outlook User Guide
- Open-Xchange Client Updater User Guide
Mobile Web Interface
- Mobile Web Interface User Guide
- Open-Xchange Forum
- Check the Open-Xchange Support Knowledgebase
- Passwords in Open-Xchange
- Outlook OXtender 2 best practice
Documentation and Examples
OX App Suite UI Development
This page contains all the information you need to get started with UI development.
This covers how-to articles including server communication, extension points and how to write widgets, applications and plugins:
Groupware Server customization
- Automatically delete users OX-Objects and OX-Folders
- Background Information about Login Variation
- Auto login, session handling, single sign on
- Configuration CalDAV with Open-Xchange
- Configuration CardDAV with Open-Xchange
- Installation CardDAV/CalDAV with Open-Xchange
- Configuration Cluster-Setup
- Configuration Connector based on Grizzly
- LDAP Contact Storage
- Sharing and Guest Mode
- OAuth 2.0 - Provider/Operator Guide and Client Developer Guide
- File Storage per User
- Pasting External Images into Mail Compose
- Custom Folder View Entries in Settings
- Database User Privileges
- GlobalDB/Cross-Context Database
- Setup external File Stores
- Configuration guide for Open-Xchange Client Onboarding
- Audit logging
- Drive Mail
- Mail Categories
- Virtual Mail Attachments Connector
- Configure trusted TLS certificates
- Configure push to Web UI
- Configure Middleware Resource Limits
- Provisioning API to access the Open-Xchange Admin Daemon
- The RMI API is used for data provisioning of Contexts, Users, Groups and Resources as well as for configuring Databases, Filestores and OX Servers: OX RMI API
- The CLT are shell scripts that simplify groupware and service administration
- Create contexts/users with with Csv_import
- Provisioning using SOAP
- The Oxmapi is a windows library for programmers needed to communicate with the OX server
- Open-Xchange Mail Abstraction Layer
- UDPPush Open-Xchange PUSH Interface for Groupware Objects
Testing and QA
- Available Language Translations
- Translate Open-Xchange to your community language
- Translate Open-Xchange to supported language
Installation based on source code
OX LDAP Sync
Open-Xchange Munin integration