AppSuite:Version Support Committment
Open-Xchange Version Support Commitment
A detailed description of the different versions of Open-Xchange can be found in the Support Definitions document included in the contract.
- New Generation: A new release that may contain major feature changes, new architecture or different technology.
- Major Release: A major update of Open-Xchange's Product that will normally include all the changes provided by Minor Releases for the current version. They are cumulative so a customer has to install the latest Major Release to benefit from all changes that are available for this Open-Xchange Product. Major Releases also provide functional enhancements. A Licensee is therefor encouraged to install all Major Releases as soon as feasible.
- Minor Release: A change of Open-Xchange's Product that is released on an as needed basis, containing minor feature enhancements as well as solutions for known problems. Minor Releases go through quality assurance testing and APIs are not changed.
- Patch Release: A change to Open-Xchange's Product, to temporarily fix a Problem. “Patch Releases” are one-offs, special one-time builds not fully regression tested and/or recertified. The software change will be applied to the next formal Minor- or Major Release of the Software. Patch Releases are cumulative in nature, thus every new Patch Release will contain all former software changes released earlier as Patch Releases for the relevant Minor- or Major Release.
- Private Patch Release: A Private Patch Release is a Patch Release that is built for a specific customer only.
- Public Patch Release: A Public Patch Release is a Patch Release which is delivered to all customers.
A Major Release cycle will be supported 12 Months after First Customer Shipment (FCS) of the following Major Release
Within a Major Release cycle support is always available for the most recent Minor Release. To provide sufficient time for the update, Open-Xchange will support the two most recent Minor Release for 3 months in parallel after the First Customer Shipment (FCS) of the most recent Minor Release.
Patches are cumulative which means each Patch Release also contains all fixes from the earlier Patch Releases within a Minor Release cycle. Therefore always the latest Patch Release (public or private) will be supported.
Time Bar Example
Open-Xchange Releases Support Commitment
|Release||First Customer Shipment (FCS)||Supported Commitment|
|v7.8.0 / 6.22.10||2015-10-07||Discontinued Support (since 2016-04-28)|
|v7.8.1 / 6.22.11||2016-03-31||Discontinued Support (since 2016-08-10)|
|v7.8.2 / 6.22.12||2016-07-13||Discontinued Support (since 2016-12-28)|
|v7.8.3 / 6.22.13||2016-11-30||Discontinued Support (since 2017-06-20)|
|v7.8.4 / 6.22.13||2017-05-23||Support Commitment until 2019-12-31 (extended)|
|v7.10.0 / 6.22.13||2018-07-04||Discontinued Support (since 2019-03-01)|
|v7.10.1 / 6.22.13||2018-11-29||Support Commitment|