This page is DEPRECATED. It either contains outdated information or information has been replaced by another page.
This page is DEPRECATED. For using Open-Xchange with Mac OS X iCal and AddressBook please goto SetUpMacCalCardDAVClients
Information and Installation of OXtender for Mac OS X
The OXtender for Mac OS X synchronizes Open-Xchange Server 6 with your Mac OS X computer. Data of the following modules will be synchronized:
In addition, it enables the InfoStore files to be accessed as Network Volume.
Calendar, Contacts and Tasks: Objects will be regular synchronized via SyncServices. The following folders will be synchronized
- Contacts - Private Address book and the Public Address book
- Tasks - Private Tasks
- Calendar - Private Calendar
If the user changes any data on their Mac OS X, the synchronization will be started after a 10 seconds waiting time via "Trickle-Sync".
- Mac OS X 10.5
- 26 MByte of storage space
- Open-Xchange Server 6 SP4 Update 1 build 6610 or higher
The OXtender for Mac OS X is available for all customers with a Open-Xchange Hosting Edition, Open-Xchange Server Edition and Open-Xchange Appliance Edition Maintenance.
Follow this link to download the Installation package and the Release Notes. (The LDB credentials have to be provided)
Follow this link to download the User Manuals in different languages.
- After the download of the package, you can start the installation by double-clicking on the package. You will then be asked for your administrator password. On the first screen, you will see some information about the MacOXtender. Please follow the installation steps at the wizard.
- Please read carefully the license agreement for Open-Xchange.
- After the installation of the OXtender for Mac OS X, the user will find an Open-Xchange setting "OX Connector" in the System Preferences application of your Mac.
- Please click on the OX icon. This will open the configuration dialog.
- Please enter your synchronization details at the tab "User Account". You have to enter the server address, user account and password for the Open-Xchange Server.
- On the second tab, you can change your synchronization settings for MacOXtender. Besides the setting "Slow-Sync" to compare the data on the Server and your Mac OS X, you can overwrite the data on the Server. Also, it is possible to restore the changed settings.
- The first time the OXtender runs, a pop-up will appear and ask whether Python may use the key "oxsync". Answer "yes" to that.
- The OXtender will start at once. The orange circle on the OXtender icon indicates that it is running.
Uninstalling a previous OXtender version
The OXtender for Mac OS X comes with a program for uninstalling it. Just double-click on the respective entry and the program launches.
Now you can install the new OXtender as described above.
Reporting of Bugs
Please report Bugs and missing features via the Open-Xchange Bugzilla. Many thanks in advance for your support.
Further Information for Synchronization and Limitations
Synchronization is a complex topic, ripe with synchronization errors and weird behavior. You will find further information for the Synchronization and Limitations at the User Manual